- Click on the red box on the tile you are currently on. All the other red boxes will show the distance from that tile. This can be helpful for figuring out which dragons are ? pieces.
- Click on the "C" claim box to mark any tiles you have claimed already.
- Click on the green box for any tile you would like to calculate the lowest cost route too. All the tiles on the route will be updated.
- Add the number for each ? piece as you find them out.
- The flip grid button will change between the PC and mobile versions. (Map is mirrored vertically, top becoming bottom while left and right remain the same).
When first opening up a tile, the green cost is how much you spend. The red number is how much it costs to travel to that tile after you have already opened it. Sometimes it is cheaper to backtrack to get closer to your next target.
Fog Islands require you to pay for each step. These points can be coins, tokens, or whatever fits the theme of the island. To obtain these points you take actions like collecting gold from habitats, feeding your dragons, and hatching eggs.
The most important thing to know is that grid islands have a timer, and you can only collect so many points (800) during any given 8 hour time-frame. Once you've collected the max points in that time-frame, you won't get any more until you are in the next 8 hour time-frame. So pay attention to the timing and don't waste your food, eggs, or time when there's no chance of gaining points from it!
Dragons in Snow Island
To claim the dragons in Snow Island you need to collect a certain number of dragon pieces. The # pieces correspond to the # of the dragon. The ? pieces are different for each player. You can skip the pieces for dragons you don't want.