Dragon Breeding Calculator: Blind and HypnoWhere did the levels and ratings go? See below for more information as to updates to the breeding system!
Results of Breeding Blind and Hypno Dragons
It’s been a while since the Light and War (LaW) update. Here’s a short description of how the breeding system now functions in some important cases. Use the How to Breed page for specifics.
Important Update 2013-09-17
I have long suspected that the odds weren’t working right in at least some cases (Poo was an obvious one, Legendary at difficulty 1 was another obvious one), and known they weren’t right in others (level exclusives which I left at 0%).
Soon after LaW, Richmond Nguyen said to me that levels no longer mattered. This has been confirmed by NmTan at Wiki (Nguyen Tan on Facebook), and fits much better with the breeding results that have been reported here and in the Facebook groups.
You can find more of the information through the previous link. Here are some of the more important highlights:
- Legends have a fixed percentage whenever Pure is on both sides. NmTan says it’s close to 6% (so 1.2% for a specific Legend). This fits well with my own breedings (3 Legends in ~50), as well as close to several other’s. (I suspect it was higher right after the LaW update, and adjusted downward soon after. Richmond Nguyen and several others reported good results in the first few days. Very few reports of “good luck” lately which fits the odds better.)
- Level exclusives AND POO now require a Legend (wildcard) on one side. Presumably any other breedable 3 element dragon would as well.
- I have implemented some of these rules (or close to them) temporarily in the calculator. A new version of the calculator will be coming soon that includes it all and some additional features!
How to Breed Legends
Since the Light and War update, Legends have become more difficult to breed. You need to have the Pure element represented in both parents to have a chance. This means you can use Pure, Pure hybrids (Pure Sea, Pure Nature, Pure Dark, Ivory, etc), or Legends as parents and have a chance to get a Legend egg.
The reason Legends will work is they are wildcards. They can turn up any of the elements. So once in a while they will turn up as Pure. However, this means that the odds for any specific dragon will be very low when using Legends, since it opens up so many possible elements!
How to Breed Level Exclusives
Level Exclusives are those dragons in the Build Menu that have a number in a black circle.
While you used to be able to breed them with parents of the appropriate elements/levels, this no longer works.
Use a Legend + a dragon that has one or more of the target Level Exclusive dragon’s elements. When using a Legend this way, the level restrictions don’t apply. So a level 4 Legend + level 4 Mud could result in any Level Exclusive that has Terra or Sea elements. Even if they are listed as requiring level 20!
Dark and Sea are no longer opposites. Sea is opposite War and Dark is opposite Light.
What Happened to Pure Elementals?
Pure Elementals have now become just Pure hybrids. Pure is an element like the other basic elements now. Pairing Pure + Flame will thus result in Pure Flame dragon 100% of the time. Any of the Pure hybrids can now be bred very easily this way.
Pure dragons are also available for purchase in the Build Menu. You can also breed them by using Legends. SP has just added the first new Pure hybrid dragon in the Black Market; Ivory. Likely there will be others to follow both as quest, Black Market, and breedable dragons.
How to get Light and War dragons
For those who don’t yet have Light or War dragons, there are ways to get them without spending a lot of gold. Breeding Legends (which are wildcards) can result in any element, so you can get Light and War dragons that way. If you don’t have Legends, there will likely be more quest and Black Market dragons.
Tips for Using the Calculator
- Select the parent dropdown box, type a few letters of the dragon you are looking for (or it’s element) and it will shorten the list to only those that contain the text you have typed!
- Make sure the elements of the dragon you want are in the parents’ elements.
- At least one element should come from each parent.
- Opposite Elemental dragons (eg. Flame and Ice) cannot be bred together.